Nicotine Pouches UK Guide
Recap: Nicotine pouches contain pure nicotine, fillers, and flavourings. Consumers place the pouch between their gums and lips. The mucous membrane over their gums absorbs the nicotine into their bloodstream.
If you want to explore smokeless alternatives, you need to learn about nicotine pouches. Far from advanced kits and sub-ohm mods, nicotine pouches are a simple, tech-free way for you to get your desired nicotine hit.
In recent years, vapers and smokers alike have flocked to nicotine pouches. The ease and convenience of pouches make them the go-to choice for people who are always on the move or even those who do not want to fiddle with techy vape devices. Does this sound like you? Keep reading. Our experts have answered all the most popular questions about nicotine pouches in the UK.
Key Characteristics of Nicotine Pouches UK
Like any nicotine product, nicotine pouches have a few distinct characteristics. Pouches are extremely simple. Whereas there is a lot of variation between even the most standard starter vape kit, most nicotine pouch brands create products that look identical. They are only distinguishable by the design on the tin.
When you open a tin you can expect to find small, dense pouches that are either semi-transparent or white. They contain nicotine that is sourced from tobacco leaves. Nicotine pouches look simple, but there is so much more to them than meets the eye.
What Is In Nicotine Pouches?
There are four main ingredients in almost every nicotine pouch.
- Nicotine: This might seem obvious, but consumers are shocked to learn that some nicotine pouches do not contain any nicotine! The range of nicotine varies from brand to brand. Most brands offer two or three options which typically contain 0mg, 10mg, and 20mg nicotine.
- PH Modifiers: Most manufacturers use carbonate or bicarbonate to adjust the pH in their pouches. Both these minerals create neutral pH environments.
- Flavourings: Flavourings can be anything from sugar substitutes to food-grade additives. This is an essential part of creating a satisfying nicotine hit. Consumers can enjoy all the typical flavours that they might find in a range of e-liquids.
- Fillers: If you have ever wondered why nicotine pouches feel so dense and compact, this is your answer. Fillers bulk-out pouches. Manufacturers use lots of different kinds of fillers, but most are made from plants.
How Do I Use Nicotine Pouches?
Nicotine pouches can seem intimidating, especially for people who have never used smokeless alternatives. In fact, pouches are the most hassle-free smokeless alternative. You can get your nicotine hit in just a few simple steps.
- Place the pouch lengthwise between your lips and gums. Most people opt for their top lip, but a pouch will work just as well between your bottom lip and gums.
- Experience the tingling sensation. When you begin to experience this sensation, you know that nicotine has entered your system. It can last anywhere from five minutes to the entire time that the pouch is in your mouth.
- Enjoy the nicotine hit! Pouches last for around an hour. Luckily, they are designed to be unobtrusive. You can continue working on important projects, speak to team leaders, or even sit back and relax.
How Do Nicotine Pouches Work?
This smokeless alternative works with the mucous membrane that covers your gums.
A mucous membrane is a protective coating that is designed to shield parts of the body that would be otherwise exposed to air. These membranes make a lot of mucus, which bridges the gap between the membrane and the pouch. Your mucous membrane will absorb the nicotine in your pouch, which will cause the nicotine to enter your bloodstream.
What Strength Are Nicotine Pouches UK?
No matter what kind of smokeless alternative you want to try, you should always consider the nicotine strength. Too little nicotine can create an unsatisfactory hit and, even worse, too much nicotine can cause dizzy spells and headaches. Everyone has a different tolerance.
The majority of manufacturers create 0mg, 10mg, and 20mg pouches. This eliminates the subtle variations that vapers enjoy with e-liquids. At Vont, we cater to the lower end of the nicotine strength spectrum. Vont nicotine pouches are available in 4mg and 6mg strengths.
If you are a beginner, you should opt for a smaller amount of nicotine. 4mg and 6mg pouches are perfect for people who are satisfied with similar e-liquid strengths. They are also a good starting point for consumers who want to reach the heights of 10mg or even 20mg nicotine strength. People who jump to 10mg or 20mg too soon might even develop an aversion to nicotine, so starting small is always a good idea.
Vont Fresh Mint nicotine pouches contain 4mg of nicotine. You enjoy the refreshing tones of bold mint alongside a small but impactful nicotine hit.
Juicy Berry and Sweet Melon both contain 6mg of nicotine. This is only slightly more, but the difference is noticeable. We recommend these flavours for people who appreciate the sweet yet vibrant sensations of summer.
How Do I Dispose of Nicotine Pouches?
Unfortunately, nicotine pouches are non-recyclable. To dispose of them, simply remove them from your mouth and put them in a general waste bin. If there is no general waste bin in sight, you can even put the pouch back into the tin.
The tin itself is recyclable. In most cases, manufacturers make the tin out of polypropylene, which can go into 99% of household recycling. Before you throw the tin into your household recycling, you should double-check that your local council accepts polypropylene.
Learn More About Vont
We design aesthetically pleasing, easy-to-use nicotine-based products. As well as nicotine pouches, we have created a pod system called Model One and a disposable vape called To-Go. If the terms simple, minimalist, and stylish feature in your search for the perfect vape, you are in the right place.
You can learn more about Vont on the about us page.